Welcome to Council 29 – Milwaukee
On behalf of your Local Executive Council Officers, we would like to welcome to Milwaukee. We would like to say thank you for choosing Milwaukee, and welcome you to our base.
Local Council 29 Officers
- President – Juli Biggar
- Vice President – Mikaela Macanas
- Secretary – Sara Pitts
MKE Airport Information
Milwaukee Airport, known officially as General Mitchell International Airport is located in 5 miles (8 km) south downtown Milwaukee, in the state of Wisconsin, in United States.
The Mitchell – Milwaukee airport is a focus city for Southwest Airlines. Over 30 airports serve nonstop or direct flights from Milwaukee airport and operates over 200 daily departures between international and domestic flights. It’s the largest airport in Wisconsin.
Milwaukee airport has five asphalt and concrete runways and an helipad is on the south side of the airport property.
In 2015 MKE airport handled 6,549,353 passengers although its record was in 2010 with over 9.8 million travelers. Even so, Milwaukee airport is the largest one in Wisconsin.
Milwaukee Airport has one main terminal divided in three concourses: C, D and E.
Additionally the airport has an International Arrivals Terminal building. All international flight arrivals (except Toronto) arrive here. It is located north of the parking building.
In total, the MKE airport has 48 gates and 40 jet bridges. The airport operates mainly with the following airlines: United, Southwest, Delta, American, Frontier and Amtrak Train.
- Bus – Operate by Milwaukee County Transit System (MCTS). Green Line line operates between Bayshore Town Center and Milwaukee – Mitchell Airport traveling through downtown. Connects the Bayshore/Whitefish Bay area to UWM, Milwaukee’s east side, Walker’s Point, south side and Milwaukee Airport. Route 80 connects Milwaukee airport to downtown Milwaukee, the downtown MATC and the MATC-South Campus in Oak Creek.
- Taxi – Available outside of Baggage Claim 3. Follow the signs to the taxi lane behind the rental car area.
- MKE Airport Rail Station – Amtrak Hiawatha offers service between downtown Milwaukee’s Intermodal Station and Chicago’s Union Station. It stops at Milwaukee Airport, Sturtevant (Wisconsin) and Glenview (Illinois).
The Airport in Numbers
- It is located 5 miles (8 km) south Milwaukee city center
- More than 200 daily departures between domestic and international flights
- 5 runways
- In 2015 MKE airport handled more than 6,5M passengers
- 1 Terminal
- 3 concourses: C, D, E
- 48 gates in total