On behalf of your Local Executive Council Officers, we would like to welcome to Chicago O’Hare. Serving as the largest base for our Air Wisconsin crew members, we would like to say thank you for choosing Chicago, and welcome you to our base.
Local Council 03 Officers
- President – Jaime Martinez
- Vice President – Derric McDaniel
- Secretary – Michael Bounds
ORD Airport Information
O’Hare Airport, simply known as Chicago Airport, is an airport located in Chicago, Illinois, 17 miles northwest of the Chicago Loop. It serves the Chicago metropolitan area along with Midway International Airport, which is located at just 10 miles (16 km) of the Loop and is currently used as a secondary airport.
The airport is connected to Chicago by train using the Blue Line of Chicago ‘L’. It runs 24 hours a day. The transit time from Central Loop to O’Hare International airport is approximatemily 40 minutes.
The airport is involved in a modernization plan that should increase the maximum number of operations from 2,700 to 3,800 and also the passenger traffic. Chicago O’Hare Airport, as a megahub, is the fourth busiest airport in the world. In 2017, ORD airport handled 79,8 million passengers.
O’Hare International Airport was voted the “Best Airport in North America” for 10 years, by readers of the U.S. Edition of Business Traveler Magazine (1998 – 2003) and Global Traveler Magazine (2004 – 2007).
There are several kinds of transportation to reach your destination.
- Airport Transit System
- Blue Line at O’Hare Station
- Commuter Train Service
- PACE Bus
At O’Hare airport there are four operative Terminals. Terminal 1, 2, 3 and 5 (International). Click below for terminal maps.
- Terminal 1 – It has a total of 55 gates divided between two concourses, B and C.
- Terminal 2 – Terminal 2 has 2 concourses: E and F.
- Terminal 3 – It has 4 Concourses: G, H, K and L and 3 levels.
- International Terminal 5 – It is the International Terminal at O’Hare airport. It is used by all international arrivals (Excluding flights from destinations with US border preclearance), and departures for most non-US carriers.
Chicago Airport is the largest hub of United Airlines and American Airlines as and a focus city for Frontier Airlines. It is the second-largest hub in terms of passengers of United.
O’Hare Airport serves an approximate average of 2,400 aircraft operations per day.
- The airport is connected with more than 60 foreign destinations.
- There are 8 runways in the airport with lengths varying from 2,286m to 3,962m
- There are 4 Terminals with a total of 9 concourses and 182 gates